The Secret in Their Eyes


I just saw this film last night, El Secreto de Sus Ojos (The Secret in Their Eyes), the Argentinian film that won the best foreign language film Oscar for 2010. My husband and I were blown away! What an excellent movie and it was far, far superior than anything on the mediocre list of nominees for best picture that the Oscars managed to churn out this year.

We were quickly drawn in to this murder mystery with a love story thrown in. We just couldn't tear our eyes away. Stellar performances by a wonderful cast working with an excellent script.


The Secret in Their Eyes is a riveting crime story that starts in 1974 when a young wife is brutally raped and murdered. Twenty years later, the court investigator who worked on the case is now retired and decides to write a book about his experiences while still trying to resolve some loose ends in the mystery and in his own love life. I can't give away any more. It's best not to know too much when watching this film but please do catch it if you can. Highly recommended.

Comments

  1. Wow! Sounds like quite an interesting film - will have to check it ou! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, and I'll definitely be checking it out! Though I must say that I do think some of the films that were nominated for Best Film were actually very good. I loved Inglorious Basterds, District 9, and Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming in from the blog hop! Wonderful blog you have here ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess I completely ignored the Oscars this year, so I wasn't even ware of what had won Best Foreign Film! This sounds excellent, though, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always annoyed that the foreign films are rarely available in the US before the Oscars. I never know if they're actually any good - although at this point the majority of films made outside of the US are superior to the Hollywood crap. Anyway, I'm really eager to watch this, even more so after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good film, I am always on the lookout for movies that win the best picture in the foreign category and I have been meaning to watch this Bosnian film that won a good few years ago...No man's land..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds fantastic and has gone on my 'to watch' list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coincidently, Vashnavi, No Man's Land competed for the Oscars in the foreign language category with another Campanella's movie, The Son Of The Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The film is really good: noir thriller interwines with dramatic romance. Its a must see. Very well written review; thanks for the lack of spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an excellent film! I watched already and I completely agree with you.

    --SPOILER-- I cried in the "Are you Esposito?" scene--SPOILER--; geez I liked that character a lot. That gives for me more points to the movie its being a long time since I get to feel something for a character and even more from crying watching a movie

    Dont miss this film. You will not regret watching it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts