Bookish Fashion

I recently came across several sites on the web that sell such cute and adorable bookish fashion accessories so I thought I'd share some of them with you. 

Here's an embroidered book bag of Muriel Spark's The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Very nice! If only it didn't cost (sigh) US$750.



It was created by ditafelici who has her own etsy site at:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ditafelici. The bag is made with irridescent silk dupion in a delicious shade called Mermaid. It has a luxurious sheen that switches from blue to green quite similar to the book's original dust jacket designed by Victor Reinganum.

I also like her The Great Gatsby bag. Here's a view from the side...



DitaFelici has some slightly less pricier creations at her website so do have a look at her website.

Dita's designs remind me of Parisian designer, Olympia Le-Tan's embroidered bookish bags which are fashion must-haves. They're available in major cities worldwide and at her website. There are only 16 of each design, with the 'first edition' handmade by Le-Tan herself. But be warned, they also have a hefty price tag with pieces starting at US$1050 (Yikes!). Here's the designer with her lovely For Whom The Bell Tolls bag... (I want this one!) Ok, I admit I haven't read the book yet but does that matter?


Olympia was inspired by her childhood memories of growing up around lots of books at her family's library. She says, "I was thinking there were all these beautiful books around and they were being forgotten with everybody on the Internet, so I made it so that you can carry them around." Here's Natalie Portman clutching Olympia's Lolita bag.




Here are two more of Olympia's designs...

So, are there any bookish fashion accessories that we, ahem, mere mortals, can actually afford? Yes! The Kate Spade Kindle covers are only US$55 and available at Amazon.


Out-of-Print Clothing sell book cover t-shirts for everyone in the family and they only cost around US$28.

 They also sell iphone covers for US$35.


So which of these accessories caught your eye?

Comments

  1. Those bags would be really cool to collect, if only

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Muriel Spark bag is gorgeous but I feel like $750 is way too much to pay for any accessory! I'd be too worried I'd ruin the bag to use it at that price... though I suppose it would still be pretty mounted on the wall for people to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked them all. The book covers the best. But $750? Don't think so. Nice to see good reading choices being advertised though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love those bags! Especially Lolita and For Whom the Bell Tolls! And the iphone cover as well! Natalie Portman looks very chic with that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these bookish accessories although I don't think I'd be brave enough to tote around a book bag - literally!

    Love those Out of Print tees. I like the men's versions better though. Stronger colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice iPhone Covers and some US$35 dollar. Feel love for this; iphone covers are so darn luxurious and it's fun to have a few to alter approximately! You are a featured preferred this week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! We can't wait to see what you've been up to with your family over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts