Best Films of 2011

Among the movies I saw in 2011, these are the ones I will gladly see again.


1. The Best of Youth
This is the only film on this list that wasn't released in 2011. It's an Italian movie made in 2003 but it tops the list because it's probably the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. My full review here.


2. Midnight in Paris
I absolutely loved this one. I'm a big fan of Woody Allen and this film is reminiscent of some of his older movies such as The Purple Rose of Cairo. The cast was excellent especially Owen Wilson as the Woody-like neurotic character.  I know I'll be watching this film again and again.


3. The Adventures of Tintin
I saw this with my dad, my husband and my eldest son. Three generations of Tintin fans treated to a fantastic adaptation. Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg did an excellent job. It's quite obvious they have tremendous respect for Herge and that they're also big fans.


4. Jane Eyre 
The latest adaptation of one of my favorite books is one of the best I've seen. It has the best cast and the cinematography is excellent. My only complaint is that it was too short.

So which were your favorite films from 2011?

Comments

  1. I loved Midnight in Paris, too! I went into it not really knowing anything about it, so all the literary refs were a delight.

    Alas, I did not love the new Jane Eyre. I only watched about 25 minutes of it on DVD, but decided it just wasn't for me. I didn't like how it kept jumping about in time.

    I am so wretched at remembering the movies I watched, but I did love Tangled and How To Train Your Dragon. I guess I'm just a big kid at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see the first two on your list, most especially. I also loved Woody Allen and The Purple Rose of Cairo!

    And I also enjoyed Jane Eyre immensely. I might even watch that again soon!

    I noticed you're reading A Clash of Kings; I hope you're enjoying the series! I will be starting book 3 soon and cannot wait. Love George R.R. Martin's writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts