Books Read in 2012

2012 was a very good reading year for me. I didn't read as much as I'd hoped. I aimed for 50 books and I see I've only read 43, just one more than last year. There were so so many good ones! I'm going to have a hard time choosing just ten from this list so before I do here's the list of books I read in 2012. I'll be posting my top ten before the new year.

  1. The Coma by Alex Garland
  2. The Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
  3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  4. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
  5. Summer of Fear by Lois Duncan
  6. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
  7. The Novel in the Viola by Natasha Solomons 
  8. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach 
  9. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
  10. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  11. Candy Candy by Kyoko Mizuki and illustrated by Yumiko Igarashi
  12. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
  13. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
  14. I'm Starved for You by Margaret Atwood
  15. Comedy in a Minor Key by Hans Keilson 
  16. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
  17. So Long See You Tomorrow by William Maxwell 
  18. The Surgeon by Tess Gerristen
  19. The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes (reread) 
  20. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
  21. Loving Frank by Nancy Horan 
  22. Kindred by Octavia Butler
  23. People Who Eat Darkness by Richard Lloyd Parry 
  24. Out by Natsuo Kirino
  25. Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino
  26. Gone by Mo Hayder 
  27. Birdman by Mo Hayder 
  28. 11/22/63 by Stephen King 
  29. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (reread)
  30. The Shining by Stephen King 
  31. The Dead Zone by Stephen King 
  32.  Salem's Lot by Stehen King
  33. Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis
  34. Broken Harbor by Tana French 
  35. The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France by Tyler Hamilton and Daniel Coyle
  36. My Berlin Kitchen by Luisa Weiss
  37. Defending Jacob by William Landay
  38. The Lighthouse by Alison Moore
  39. Holes by Louise Sachar
  40. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  41. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
  42. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  43. Alys Always by Harriet Lane

Comments

  1. Hi, Mrs B! Oh, you're read quite a few Stephen King this year! Woot woot!

    I love your list! I can see a few personal favorites from there. Of course, The Song of Achilles is love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did read a lot of good ones. I didn't make my goals this year. I chose 80 for the year since I read that many last year but have 63 so far. I actually have about 2 more to add that I haven't written reviews for yet and then one or two more so that puts me at 67. An odd number. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible list. Can't wait to see what will narrow into your top ten.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts