Books Read in 2013



These are the books I read in 2013. Forty-seven books so far so that's four more than last year. I've included children's books I read aloud to Lucas, my eldest son, rereads, nonfiction and a graphic novel. The ratings are based on my ratings in Goodreads. Stay tuned for my top list of 2013.


Books Read in 2013
  1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (reread)  *****
  2. East of Eden by John Steinbeck *****
  3. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce ***
  4. Where'd you go Bernadette? by Maria Semple *****
  5. The Thieves of Manhattan by Adam Langer **
  6. Wonder by R.J. Palacio *****
  7. Darth Paper Strikes Back by Tom Angleberger ***
  8. The Melt Method by Sue Hitzmann ****
  9. It by Stephen King ***
  10. Never Mind by Edward St, Aubyn ****
  11. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter *****
  12. A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Hope Larson *****
  13. The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett ****
  14. The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner ****
  15. Wool by Hugh Howey ***
  16. Bad News by Edward St. Aubyn *
  17. The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe ****
  18. More Book Lust by Nancy Pearl **
  19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Moshin Hamid **
  20. Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner *****
  21. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster *****
  22. Anne Hereford by Mrs. Henry Wood ****
  23. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser ***
  24. Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell ***
  25. The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton DiSclafani **
  26. In the Woods by Tana French (reread) *****
  27. Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi *****
  28. Henry and Beezus by Beverly Cleary  ***
  29. Otherwise Known as Shiela the Great by Judy Blume (reread) ****
  30. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell ****
  31. Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe **
  32. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen *****
  33. Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor ***
  34. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien ****
  35. The Never List by Koethi Zan **
  36. Everyday by David Levithan ***
  37. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan **
  38. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman ****
  39. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling *****
  40. Night Film By Marisha Pessl ****
  41. Far From the Tree: Parents, Children, and the Search for Identity by Andrew Solomon ****
  42. They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple *****
  43. Fortunately the Milk by Neil Gaiman ****
  44. Up at the Villa by Somerset Maugham *****
  45. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion ****
  46. The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing ****
  47. Heartburn by Nora Ephron ***

Comments

  1. Wow, Mrs. B! You read a lot of books this year! And I read a few of them! I especially loved Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

    The Game of Kings by Dunnett I tried to read this year. But I somehow hit a snag with that one. Will probably continue it next year.

    I can't wait to read your top 10 books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Maria Semple, too. I've got the Jess Walters to read in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this list, Mrs. B! Lot of books here I've been planning to read myself. A few I've read. I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who wasn't crazy over Levithan's Every Day.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts