An Updated Reader's Table


It's difficult to come up with just one favorite but I had to pick a few for the art work above. Postcard art designed by Rina Albert Llamas for Page & Turner.

Here are my favorite books. Each one 
has stayed with me since I've read them. The first three are the top three and the rest are not in any particular order. Many have been reread and all my copies are treasured ones. Honorable Mentions are all very, very good books. Although they are not part of my top list, all of them are highly recommended. I'm sure I've forgotten to add a few so this list will just keep on evolving. 

My Favorite Novels

The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Magus by John Fowles
The Neopolitan Novels  by Elena Ferrante
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Nine Stories by JD Salinger
Franny & Zooey by JD Salinger
Leviathan by Paul Auster
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins  
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
In the Woods by Tana French 
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
The Tom Ripley Novels by Patricia Highsmith
When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley
Atonement by Ian McEwan
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

Honorable Mentions

Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh
Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham
Tender is the Night by F.Scott Fitzgerald
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Le Grand Meaulnes by Henri Alain Fournier 
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
Bonjour Tristesse by Francoise Sagan
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
The Quick by Lauren Owen
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
The Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters  
They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple
Because of the Lockwoods by Dorothy Whipple
The Cement Garden by Ian McEwan
11/22/63 by Stephen King
The Luck of the Bodkins by P.G. Wodehouse
The Cormoran Strike books by Robert Galbraith


Comments

  1. Thank you for being a hub of practical knowledge and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has become a virtual mentor for me, and I'm thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts