I'm Missing...


Arya,


Bran and Jon Snow,
 Tyrion, Sansa and yes, even those evil twins Jamie and Cersei Lannister. Well, actually maybe I can do without Cersei. I'm missing Winterfell, King's Landing and the rest of the Seven Kingdoms - the captivating world created by George R.R. Martin in his Song of Ice and Fire series. There's something to be said about reading a series. So far I've spent over 2000 pages (two books) with these people and thus I'm completely immersed in their lives. I need to find out what will happen to them next.

The upcoming season of the TV series will apparently incorporate parts of book three (Storm of Swords) as well. This was done in order to have more scenes with Jamie Lannister who doesn't play a big part in book two. That means I better start reading book three soon because Game of Thrones season two is about to start. The date - April 1st. Can't wait! Here's the trailer...


Comments

  1. I cannot wait for season 2 to start on Sunday! I've also only read the first two books, so I need to get on the third one. I've got it downloaded so I might have to dive into that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I love this series. I've ploughed through the books and I'm now on the 2nd part of A Dance with Dragons... and I really don't want to finish it because that means I have to wait for the next book to be released!

    I'll have to make do with watching the tv series. Can't wait for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard and read a lot of good things about this series. Your photos and the video are captivating. Just too bad I don't have HBO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just finished season 2 here in the U.S. and it was darn wonderful, though they changed some things around. Jaime doesn't get a lot of air time, but they did move some of his scenes from Storm of Swords in. I'm mostly ok with the changes. Arya's stuff is brilliant, as was Tyrion's.

    I have finished the books and though I found Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons inferior to the first three, I'm very sad that I'll have to wait YEARS to find out what happens next.

    I've heard HBO is going to cut Storm of Swords into two different seasons, so that should stretch things out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts