Muriel Spark Reading Week


Simon at Stuck in a Book and Harriet will be hosting the Muriel Spark Reading Week from April 23 to 29.  Thomas at My Porch made the great badge.

There's no set rules and regulations for this week. Just read one or more books by Muriel Spark (they're very short!) and let either of the hosts know through a comment at their blog. Posts could be about Spark's books, life, film adaptations or poetry. 

I'm not sure yet which Spark I'll choose for this week. I'd love to reread The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and see the film again but maybe I'll try one of her other books instead.


Coincidentally Open Road Media have just released eight ebooks by Muriel Spark. Therefore some of her harder to find titles will be easily available through just one click (that is if you have an ereader). Each of the ebook titles also features an illustrated biography of Muriel Spark including rare photos and never-before-seen documents from the author’s archive at the National Library of Scotland. Do check out Open Road's website for more details.

The eight titles released by Open Road are the following:


Are you joining the Muriel Spark Reading Week? Which ones are you planning to read or which ones do you recommend?

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting about this! I'm getting excited. I actually read a Spark the other day - I'm cheating, and reading in advance so that I can finish a few. It was Ballad of Peckham Rye, and it was very strange and good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your latest follower. It's so nice to find a blog that isn't about YA fiction or vampires!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see all of these Spark fans. She was a truly remarkable writer whose "price was above rubies."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts