Vote for Best Cover of 2009



Amazon is holding a Best Cover of the Year Competition. You can vote  here .

I was surprised at how many of the finalists were actually bad covers. In fact some of them were hideous. Is this all they could come up with?  I finally voted for the above, Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork. I thought this cover was the best of the bunch. It also sounds like a good read. From Amazon:

"Marcelo Sandoval hears music no one else can hear--part of the autism-like impairment no doctor has been able to identify--and he's always attended a special school where his differences have been protected. But the summer after his junior year, his father demands that Marcelo work in his law firm's mailroom in order to experience "the real world." There Marcelo meets Jasmine, his beautiful and surprising coworker, and Wendell, the son of another partner in the firm. He learns about competition and jealousy, anger and desire. But it's a picture he finds in a file--a picture of a girl with half a face..."

Doesn't that sound interesting? I'm surprised I've never heard of this book.

Which book cover are you voting for? Are there any other covers that caught your eye this year that are not included in the competition?

Comments

  1. You know, those covers really surprised me because I though so many of them were bad! I voted for Marcelo in the Real World, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who picks these things? I have to agree that there were some hideous ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mrs. B! This is a very tough choice. I think I'll vote for the cover of the US edition of 2666. I just love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh thanks for this link! I am going to pop over and browse the covers shortly! I am hoping that Howards End is on the Landing is in there as I think its the best cover to come out in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the one you selected and my second choice would be Asylum. (some are frankly--pretty weird).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for Asylum, and my second choice was the book you picked. But I agree with you, some covers are just so bad and definitely over-rated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree-- some were nice but none were amazingly, eye poppingly, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts